Thursday, November 24, 2016

Experiencing Peace During the Holiday Season



The holidays can be such a tough time. I've learned of so much tragedy this past week. Our sweet neighbor when we were living in La Grande passed away of a heart attack while hunting. Our dentist suddenly passed away last weekend. A 15 year old football player in Crane died in an auto accident leaving behind a grieving family and community. We have homeschool friends who never dreamed they'd be in a children's cancer ward this Thanksgiving. Friends and family who are falling off the wagon to their addictions and others who are experiencing multiple miscarriages. I've had such a burden of love for all these friends and family who are going through horrible circumstances.


After doing my bible study this morning on the Armor of God, I was reminded once again of how God's peace through His Son's sacrifice can supernaturally get us through these horrifying circumstances. We have to have peace WITH God (not blaming God for the circumstances) which leads us to the peace OF God which transcends beyond the circumstances. So I'm thankful this Thanksgiving for God's precious Word that points me to His Truths that get me through this world where an enemy (Satan) is constantly on the prowl seeking to destroy or render God's people ineffective due to the pain they are experiencing.


So as I'm praying for all these loved ones, I'm determined to also press into His Word to help me experience the SUPERNATURAL PEACE that comes from the GOSPEL OF PEACE. I'm praying that anyone else with a heavy heart this Thanksgiving will do the same. God is a gentleman, He's waiting for you to seek Him. IF YOU SEEK HIM, YOU WILL FIND HIM. It's a promise! With that, I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!


God Bless,

Jackie and Family

2 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Sorry to hear of the losses. Prayers for all involved. Addictions are hard to leave. I had a customer who kept swearing the other day. I just don't understand why someone talks like that when their day isn't going well. Annoying! Armor of God bible study blessed me immensely. I'm still finishing the last chapter. I want to go thru and read it again. Hang in there Jackie. Micheal and Rina look so sweet together. God bless you ine and all thru this coming Christmas season. Jesus is the reason we celebrate as He is the King of kings and Lord of lords!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I will definitely be pressing into the Lord this holiday season. Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails