Monday, February 21, 2011

Daddy's Birthday

I've finally learned that my hubby likes very simple birthdays. I no longer give him a big party. This year, our good friends, Patrick and Girlie, surprised him by coming over and cooking a steak and shrimp fettuccine Alfredo dinner for him. It was so yummy! I was super busy that day, so it was nice to not have to worry about dinner. I just made a couple of true berry pies for dessert.

The kids made cards for him (above picture) and I gave him a Life Application bible. 

The kids each got him a Christian biker shirt. Sorry this pic is a little blurry. 

Here is the very cute pregnant cook and her trusty sidekick who can bbq like nobody's business. Meal was simply delicious! Afterwards we all went to a couples bible study together. Great way to end the evening :)

Sidenote: Here is a picture of the oak window seat that Michael made for me, complete with a hand-sewn cushion. He made it mostly out of left over scraps from our wood flooring. It turned out beautifully. Now he's making me a similar one for the other window.  I've got just enough leftover material to sew a table runner to tie it all in. Each of the kids have their own homeschool basket and I've got lots of kids books in the shelves. So happy with it!

So again, happy birthday to my hubby! I hope he has a wonderful year ahead of him :)

12 comments:

Ellen said...

It sounds like a wonderful evening! I LOVE your window seat! I too store things in baskets..and they make the shelves look so homey. ♥

Deborah Ann said...

Happy Birthday to Hubby! I love the way you celebrated...a great meal and a Bible study. Sounds like the perfect evening.

That bookcase rocks...

LizyBeth said...

What a great treat for both of you to have friends cook dinner for his birthday! Blessings in the year ahead.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

So happy birthday to your hubby and awesome that friends would come and make dinner for him! Love the windowseat! Hugs and have a great week.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!!

Window seat/shelves are awesome!

Blessings
Jill

Camille said...

Happy Birthday to your Michael! My sweetie's birthday is today...and so begins the celebrating. :)

Your window seat is fabulous and how fun that it has shelves in the bottom. Love it!

Have a great week Jackie!
Blessings,
Camille

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Michael! Sorry I missed it again this year.

drawingcloser said...

Happy Birthday Michael! It looks like it was a wonderful one.

The bookshelf looks great! You are one blessed lady Jackie.

RaD said...

That's great. That was me in the above comment. I just realized Yohn was signed in instead of me.

Catherine said...

Well, Jackie, your windowseat is lovely, as is the display of books and baskets. Your hubby is one blessed man to have such and awesome b'day dinner! You, too, are blessed to have such a handyman husband!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Love the window seat, Jack! That Michael is amazing! So are you supposed to sit on it, or is it just a nice-looking shelf/bookcase?

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh, no, we sit on it! The thing is indestructible because it is made of solid oak. The kids use it often!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails