Friday, April 2, 2010

Instant Puberty/Remodeling Adventure Continues

Josiah saw a picture of his cousin doing this, so of course when I gave him his haircut yesterday, he had to do it, too. Look at that, he's even got red armpit hair, LOL! I cut his hair so that someone wouldn't mistake him for an Easter Egg. I always say that his hair is "Easter egg orange".Here is the new dining room/homeschool room, after the 24 ft. support beam was moved in and the temporary supports were removed.  You can really see how much bigger this room is now. It is twice the size it was.The blankets you see on the right are currently our interior door. We still don't have windows or storm door for the porch, so it is still very chilly in here.The kids and I helped Michael put the tar paper up until we got too cold. There was snow on the ground yesterday morning. Josiah was so proud of himself for being strong enough to use the staple gun.This is a common sight in our house these days. Sooo grateful we put this gas fireplace in while we did. It heats up the living room nicely, so we have one warm room in the house, except when the wind is blowing, like it is now. We temporarily moved my desk in the living room to protect our electronics from the remodel as much as possible. However, due to the wind, My fingers are freezing right now as I type this. We have to wait until next Wednesday to get doors. We thought we might have the outside storm door yesterday, but no such luck. It came in the wrong color. Urgggh!!! Although it truly wouldn't help all that much because our porch windows don't come in until Monday.  The hazards of living in a small town. You have to order everything and wait.

Yesterday, I hit a wall of pure exhaustion. No doors until next Wed, which means no central heat until that happens. Tired of being cold. The kids destroyed so many things, mostly on accident. Hailey broke off half my seedlings as I tried to plant some peas (future post), a pillow fight took out the ant farm that Josiah was supposed to use for his homeschool exhibit. It looks like 3 ants have survived, but I doubt they are going to make it to the three weeks before the exhibit and it is too cold to go find more. Just before I went to cut Josiah's hair, he knocked the clippers off the counter that had the 3/4 guard. The guard shattered when it hit the floor. Josiah has a very short hair cut now. I was not a nice mom yesterday. I lost it several times. I had to repent to both my kids and God. Looking back, I know these things aren't life and death, they are just inconveniences. I need to work on letting stuff like this go and not taking it so personally. I felt really guilty, but thanks to a good nights sleep and prayer from my sister, Stacie, and some of my blogging friends, I feel like today is a new day. I praise God that His mercies are new every morning!


Hope you all have a wonderful Easter Weekend. He has risen, He has risen indeed!

God Bless,
Jackie

21 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Man I'm exhausted just reading what you all are doing. Oy!
Poor ants by the way! LOL!
And the first picture, PRICELESS!
Have a fabulous weekend and Easter!
Hugs
Kim

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Love the orange arm pit hair! the kids and I laughed!

I'm so sorry you had such a day. I know what it is like. I continue to pray for you. we all make mistakes, but I know that today is going to be a better day. Have a safe trip up!

Can't wait to get you warm in my house!

Angela said...

I had my husband come to look at the pic of your son,,LOL..he got a chuckle...

Been there with my children also..you know what,,they see a mama asking for forgiveness, a mama that does make mistakes but willing to be accountable for her actions..and a mama that will allow her own children to mess up and come to her for forgiveness...'teachable moments'...

Sarah said...

What a laugh-out-loud photograph, Jackie! And he looks so proud of himself too! :)

I know only too well what 'those' days are like. I'm sorry that you had one in the midst of all your remodeling. It must be tough going at the moment...but you will all look back and laugh at the upheaval and stress :)

Wishing you and Stacie a wonderful birthday weekend! Hope you both have a wonderful time!

God Bless

Kathy C. said...

Wow...I'm such a whiny baby when I get cold...I think you are a superwoman doing this in cold weather...no HEAT??? yikes! :)
Love the hairy armpits, totally made me laugh...lol... :)
don't beat yourself up about "losing it" we all do that from time to time...you realized it was wrong, repented, now put it behind you and just be the glorious Momma and wife that you are. :)
Blessings!

Mary said...

My husband, son and I were ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING at this one. It should go viral -- you should submit it somewhere!!!

Anonymous said...

Jackie.. I almost wizzeled my pants over that photo! Too funny.. and why is it so chilly there??? Almost 90 here, record high or close to it.. felt like July instead of April 2nd.

I so love your adventures.. keep the spirit going and soon you'll be finished.

with love,
Olivia

Tina said...

Loved the armpit hair - that was hilarious. Glad you got a picture of it and shared with us. :)
Y'all are doing great working on the house.
Have a wonderful Easter.
In His love,
Tina

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh Jackie... What a day you had!!! I know that exhaustion...

I vote for a night in a hotel with heat! Today was a horrid storm over here.. blowing and snowing all day.. Sending warm cozy thoughts to your sweet family!!

Chris said...

I agree with "The Real Me" I was exhausted and frustrated after reading your post. Just because I feel your pain, we live in a small town and I have learned to get things before hand so I don't have to wait. One of the only builders store (National Chain) has now closed down so that puts having to go out of town for little things! NOW for the best part of the post.....the picture of the arm pits. I thought I was going to die laughing, I have never seen anyone do this. It just cracked me up! GREAT picture and tell him, he is growing up FAST! Hope you get doors and windows soon!

Catherine said...

Praise God that you can take all your cares to Him! You ARE a good mom who blew it, but you don't always. These remodel jobs are challenging in ways we never imagined. AND! they are blessings in the same way.

Amy said...

The pit hair is really funny.

I haven't had a great week either. Hubby and I had a huge fight and it is yucky here. Please pray for me.

Unknown said...

Jackie, My goodness girl! You have quite a bit of stress going on in your life right now! Honestly, I think most of us would have had trouble dealing gracefully with what was happening at your house. I'm praying for you! Hang in there!

MrBibleHead said...

Happy Easter Jackie! God bless you and your family! You have a great blog. I had to do a double take at the pic of your son with armpit hair lol. Wow you are one busy family. God bless your entire family.

RaD said...

Oh I sooo know how you feel. I'm currently fighting a cold so any "accidents" the kids do are just plain rubbing me the wrong way. I've had to check what I say before it comes out or I'll end up yelling at them and that's counterproductive. And I know how you feel about the cold house. I remember when I was a teen and mom and dad were building the new house we went through the same things during this wonderful month of April.

OurLilFullFam said...

That is a funny picture Jackie!

I am glad you have the fireplace too! You rroom is going to be so worth it when it is done!!

And real-life mommy with emotions is okay for your kids to see, and asking for forgiveness when we need it is a hands-on lesson for them too!

I hope you had a great Easter!!

Stephanie

Mary Moss said...

Like Kim, I was exhausted after reading about all you are going through!

Know you are being prayed for! You're an amazing mom and beautiful child of God - even on the days when you don't feel like it! I guess I should say, ESPECIALLY on those days.

Blessings,
Mary

Mich said...

Hope the remodel is going well and you can get warmed up soon.

Hope you had a beautiful Easter!

Patty said...

Children grow up so fast these days! I too am thankful that God's mercies are new each day. I hope all goes well as the work continues on your remodel.

Blessings

christy rose said...

Oh my goodness! That picture of Josiah is hilarious!! I love it! It sounds like you are getting so much done on your remodel but I bet it seems like it will never end. It will though! And you will be so glad that you have extra room in your home. It does seem like it puts a little stress on everyone and I remember feeling a little overwhelmed a few times myself when we were finishing our basement. I wish I had documented it like you did. But Aaron worked non-stop for four months and now it is such a wonderful added addition to our home. And I have almost forgotten that I did not see him for four months. :)

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Love the photos of Josiah! Too cute. Hang in there my dear. Just think of all the issues as being back in the days when there was no insulation in houses. Like Little House on the Prairie. But soon your house will be fixed and this all will be a memory! (I know, I may think wierd stuff, huh?) But being cold is NO fun! I did get your message about Hailey's sweater. I'm starting my search now so I can have one for granddaughter's 2nd bday in late May.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails