Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Meandering

This weekend was a whirlwind of activity with my sis visiting with her six children. It was so busy that I didn't get one picture while they were here :-(  My kids were absolutely exhausted from playing with their cousins. I love taking pictures of my kids falling asleep in weird positions. I just love Hailey Baby's rosy cheeks when she's sleeping!

We had a a great time even though many of her kids were sick. As soon as she got here we took the kids to an inexpensive pizza buffet that has an arcade. It is becoming a tradition to go to this place everytime they come up. Saturday morning, Stacie took her baby, Lily, to the ER because she had a bad cold/ear infection. Between making meals and cleaning up, we managed to tag team going to thrift stores, make a bunch of homemade cleaning products (that is all my sis wanted for her birthday) and watch a long BBC Master Piece Theater mini-series, something we love to do together. It's all about the dresses! Michael and I took the kids who weren't sick to church with us on Sunday while Stacie stayed home with the sickies. It was beautiful weather on Sunday, so the kids had a great time playing outside together before it was time to leave.Last week, Josiah finally got his ants in the mail. We had bought him an ant farm for his Christmas present, but we had to send away for the ants. He checked the mail every day from the middle of January until the end of Feb for his ants. They finally came last week. These little guys are facinating! We're learning a ton about ants. Some them are starting to die though and I'm not sure why. Any ideas?

I also wanted to throw in one last picture of my living room wall. I finally found the last piece of decor that I makes this wall. I found this cute basket vase with a bunch of funky twiggies that I thought worked really well in the empty space. It was so fun to "wow" my sis with all our hard work. The new breakfast bar came in very handy with 8 kids in the house!   It was 55 degrees on Sunday, so my hubby got the bike out. He rode it to the Oregon Veterans Motorcycle Club meeting, then let me go for a ride in the afternoon. He snapped this picture of me as I was backing out. It was so nice to be able to try out my new motorcycle boots and insulated gloves that I got last fall. They worked great! I was little nervous about getting back on after so many months of winter, but it didn't take me long to get comfortable again. I guess it's like riding a bicycle. Once you learn, you never forget. It was so nice to be out in the sunshine with no wind (a rare thing indeed in this valley).

Last night, we had a friend over for dinner who is really hurting and we were able to minister to her. Such a privilege to know God is using us in her life. Please pray for my anonymous friend, that she will truly know God's power in her life and seek His Truth.

Hope you all had a great weekend! 

God Bless,
Jackie  

19 comments:

Mich said...

Your remodeling is looking great.

All those kids in one house?!!! You gals need to take a vacation! Tell the hubbies I said so. :)

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Fun times with family. I'm glad your children get along so well.

My sis and I got together on Sat. in WA to each lunch together. We both have birthdays in Feb and since we live close we get together and celebrate!! I got silicone kitchen utensils that I wanted from sis. I gave her a copy of the photo book, like you won. Of course she liked it! God bless and have a great day.

Lori said...

Isn't it nice when you're so busy and you can have a great time too. When it's family it always feels more like fun than work. My daughter and I love the clothes on the BBC series too!

Unknown said...

Whoa~ that was a busy weekend! I bet you had a great time with your sister, though!

Freckles and Frogs said...

Where did you get the ant farm? I think Noah would love one! Love the pic of H sleeping! so sweet! By the way, I'm loving the shower/tub cleaner. I think I like the dishwasher soap. I'm wondering if I got the wrong kind of cascade though. My dishes are clean and NO residue left on them at all (a first with this dishwasher).... that I love, but the dishwasher itself seems to be getting dirtier... weird I know....

Catherine said...

I don't know why the ants are dying; I'm so glad Stacie got to visit with you and do all you did together even tho' you had to deal with little sickies. I had a b'day blast myself, and I'll blog about it more later.

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

I so wish I had a sister :) You guys sound like you have so much fun even when there are sickies around. Did you get a lot of cleaning products made? I tried using the undiluted detergent for stains and it didn't work to well. I need something that will remove grease stains. Any suggestions? Cool ant farm!!! And your mantle looks wonderful :) Have a great week!!!!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Had fun as usual, but I'm exhausted!!!!! I'm so hoping Lily will sleep tonight.

I have used the 409. Seems to work good. The rest is going to have to wait as I'm using up my old stuff. Won't take long around here!

Hailey looks adorable!

RaD said...

Love that picture of Hailey!

I remember all that wind. Actually the wind blows around here a lot too, just not quite as hard.

I'll pray.

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the addition to your wall and I wish it was 55 here. We may see 40's. Atleast the sun was out today.

Lisa said...

Your baby is so sweet - love those little red cheeks! Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time in spite of the illness.

Sarah said...

Oh, what an adorable photo of Hailey sleeping! Those rosy cheeks are so cute!

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend together; how blessed you are to have each other!

I hope all the sick ones are on the mend now though? Its the same here at the moment, February/March weather always brings snuffles and doses of flu. So far we seem to be escaping the pestilence! Lol!

Glad you all had a lovely time.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Susan,
We got the ant farm from the Hobby Habit. I'm thinking of giving him another one (you can connect them) for Easter. They are facinating creatures! I think your kids would love them. Also, that is weird about your you dishwasher getting dirty. Mine has noticably cleaner. I use Cascade Complete (powder form). Hope that helps!

Amy,
We got lots of cleaning products made. In the space of one hour we made 5 gallons of concentrated laundry soap, 5 lbs of dishwasher soap, 2 bottles of "409", and a lb of "comet". That ought to last us awhile! That is wierd that the concentrated laundry soap didn't work on grease stains. When I used it on grease stains, it worked great. Are you using Felsnaptha for the soap?

Sarah,
I think all the kids are on the mend. I know Stacie had to take her baby, Lily, into the ER again as soon as she got home and they gave her antibiotics. She said she was doing better yesterday.

Connie said...

You had a very busy week. I got tired just reading your post. Cute pic of Haily sleeping.

Amy said...

I am new to your blog. I follow your sister's blog.

Your baby is so sweet sleeping on the couch. Pictures like this are the best.

Have a blessed day.

Camille said...

How precious you could have those times with your sister...God is so good to us, isn't He? Hasn't it been nice seeing a bit of warmer weather? :)

Love,
Camille

legendswife said...

I love when my boys crash (fall asleep)a funny positions! Oh and my kitchen can't get any happier:)

God Bless

christy rose said...

Loved this random post! Bummer about all of the sick kids. I hope they are all up and better now! I love the picture of your wall in your living room. It looks very nice. I bet it is quieter around your house now. :)

Angela said...

How did I miss that you have a harley? ..I'm so a wanna be harley mama girl!!

Randy and I actually have our wedding picture in front of the Church. Me with my flowing beautiful wedding dress sitting on a harley (very lady like I may add,lol) and Randy in his tux behind me...

I think our hubbies would get along great..both love to remodel and do wood work and now harley's...lol

Blessings dear sis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails