Thursday, June 18, 2009

Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Recipe

I got this recipe from sister, but I've changed it up quite a bit to make it healthier. I use red potatoes, but you can use Yukon golds or russets if you prefer. It is super as easy as I mix it in my Kitchen Aid. No mashing and no peeling veggies! I double or triple this recipe (whatever your Kitchen Aid will hold) and freeze it in individual pans. This is a great recipe for nursing mothers and the veggies are hidden in it, so great for picky eaters, too.
Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Recipe:
6 large or 8 small potatoes cubed and boiled (I prefer skin-on, whatever kind of potato I have on hand)
1/2 cup sour cream (more if using russets)
1/4 cup butter
1 cup shredded cheese (I use queso fresco, but cheddar and jack work, too)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 Tbl natural chicken bullion
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Homemade Italian bread crumbs
2 lbs of cooked meat (chicken, ham or turkey work well with this)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Layer cooked meat in bottom of pans. Throw all the other ingredients in a Kitchen Aid bowl, mix at a fairly high speed using mixing paddle. Spread potato mixture over meat layer and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cook 45 minutes at 400 degrees. How's that for easy?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails