Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shredded Meat Barbecue Sandwiches

I got this recipe off of the Made from Scratch blog. I tweaked it quite a bit to get it to our tastes. Wow, is it good, cheap and easy! We used venison and you couldn't tell it wasn't beef. I imagine you could use any kind of meat with this recipe and it would turn out fine. So here it goes:

Shredded Meat Barbecue Sandwiches:

Mix together:
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup (see my ketchup recipe posted below)
5 TBl whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 to 1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1/3 to 1 tsp pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
3 Tbl honey or sucanat
3 minced garlic cloves
2 Tbl minced onion

Pour over:

5 lbs of any meat placed in a crock pot. Cook on high half the day, low the rest (if meat is frozen); low all day if meat is already thawed out. Shred as soon as able to get flavor or barbecue sauce throughout meat.

Serve over whole wheat buns. I like to butter and toast the buns for extra flavor just before serving.

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I wish Steve liked BBQ! This sounds so yummy! I'll have to try it with the kids.

Brenda said...

I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing this recipe :}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails