Friday, October 10, 2008

What Happened to Fall?

I can't believe that we've already seen snow this year here in the Grande Rhonde Valley. While it didn't stick down in the valley, the surrounding hills got a good dusting yesterday and this morning. This is the earliest I've ever seen it snow (sometimes we've gotten snow right around Halloween). It was snowing into late June this year, so I feel like I've missed out on spring and now fall. My two favorite times of the year. Most of the trees around here are still green, I bet this has been a shock to their system. All I can say is, "How about that global warming?". Josiah may get to build his snowman that he's been dreaming about a little sooner than we anticipated!

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow! I can't believe you had snow already! It was cold here, but no snow. I just picked all my green tomatoes and put them in the mudroom covered up so they can ripen slowly.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I know! It's crazy! I can't believe how cold it is already. I wish I had more tomatoes to ripen slowly, but our plants just never really took off because we had such a cold spring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails